The Trail Dames Foundation Statement of Diversity and Inclusion
In Trail Dames Inc., we choose to celebrate our differences and are committed to fostering a sense of inclusivity and diversity in our organization. Through conversation, action and commitment, we will insure that Trail Dames is an organization that welcomes all.
- We will have open conversations about diversity and inclusivity at the leadership level
- We will encourage members to overcome cultural bias in regards to the outdoors
- We will foster continued dialog with the outdoors community at large in regards to encouraging and welcoming all women.
- We will maintain a Diversity Committee committed to increasing diversity in both membership and leadership of Trail Dames, Inc.
- We will take steps to retain members and leaders based on such differences as race, ethnicity, physical ability, and sexual orientation.
- We will welcome women of different physical abilities and support them in their outdoor goals.
- We will foster diverse leadership in the Board of Directors, Head Dame and Hike Leader positions.
- We commit to creating policies and procedures within the organization that are free from both real and perceived bias
- We are committed to creating a community where all members are welcome. This includes those of different race, ethnicity, religious or political affiliation, as well as lesbian, bisexual and transgender members.
- We commit to requiring other organizations that we support to show their own commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- We commit to showing respect to one another, and to celebrating our common purpose and shared experience.